Mike was at a critical pivot point where work and life were starting to take away the time he had to stay active, healthy, and injury free. Starting the program was initially a means to keeping him pain free. Now it’s the enabling factor for enjoying an active life outside the gym. The accountability to show up every day, and the effectiveness of his time spent is how Strength Happens for him.
1. How long have you been doing the SH program and what value has it brought you?
I have been training with SH for 6 years. I started because I had some back issues that needed some fixing. Since then the training has been transformative, no longer have back pain and increased my overall fitness.
The true value, however, is training with fantastic people like Mike Claytor.
2. What does strength happens mean to you, and how do you apply it to your day to day life?
Day to day life is just better. Whether I farmer carry all the groceries in a single go or mountain biking, SH has infused itself in all of my activities. It has taught me how to properly move my body to avoid injury and build strength.
3. What activities do you like to do outside of the gym?
Primarily, mountain biking, snowboarding and surfing.
4. What’s your favorite healthy “go to” snack?
5. Top 3 songs on your ideal workout playlist?
Hallowed Be Thy Name by Iron Maiden
Stay Hungry by Twisted Sister
Forty Six & 2 by Tool