Muriel has been training with Mike for 16 years! She is an inspiration to us, showing us the power of exercise to let us live our fullest lives even as we age. Muriel has gone through a lot in her life and it makes her the woman she is today. She has continued to set and crush her goals. Here’s to another year!
1. How long have you been doing SH and what value has it brought you?
M: I've been doing Strength Happens for 16 years. I was 64 years old when I started: do the math. The program has made it possible for me to live actively: to do volunteer work that requires lifting, to take energetic vacations with my family, and to go on great walking trips each year. Last year I walked in Portugal and New Zealand, and this spring I will do an eight-day walk in Japan, beginning in Kyoto.
2. What does Strength Happens mean to you, and how do you apply it to
your day to day life?
M: The program has made fitness central to my life, not only on the three days each week when I come to train but every day when I think of how I can add activity to my plans. I value the collegial atmosphere in the gym and the friendships I have made through Strength Happens.
3. What activities do you like to do outside of the gym?
M: Walking, hiking, Qi Gong.
4. What’s your favorite healthy “go to” snack?
M: Apples and low-fat string cheese.
5. Top 3 songs on your ideal workout playlist?
M: Willie, Waylon, Merle